This is the last message I'll write you as president. I've had a great term, but I'm ready to pass the reigns to someone new. As of April1, 2014, Kristine Snodgrass has assumed the duties of president. Kristine is Faculty Editor of CaKe, a journal of poetry & art, a literary journal from Florida A&M University. And, Kristine is the new Co-Director of Anhinga Press. Find out more about Kristine's writing at her website, http://www.kristinesnodgrass.com/.
The poet Jay Snodgrass will serve as VP. Jay Snodgrass is the author of Monster Zero (Elixir Press) and The Underflower (WordTech). Jay is the other new Co-Director of Anhinga Press. Find out more about Jay's writing at his website, http://jaysnodgrass.wordpress.com/.
I'm writing to say thank you. Thanks for your good will and your patience. Thanks for helping out. Thanks for coming to the conferences I've planned. And thanks for making Fairhope 2014 one to remember, despite that incredible rain we had on Friday.
You've all been a wonderful and supportive group of writers, but I wanted to mention a few people in particular. If I'm leaving you out, please forgive me. These names are in no order. They're just the people who come to mind when I think of my time as GCACWT president:
- Michael Trammel and Mary Jane Ryals, former presidents of GCACWT. You both helped me and supported me and have been wonderful friends. Thank you.
- Jim Miller, former GCACWT president. Jim, I can't thank you enough for your kindness and your help with GCACWT these past few years.
- Matt Epperson. Thanks so much for working the book table, helping with registration and clean up, and generally being a fantastic human being.
- Todd Dorris. Thanks for your good will, your kindness, and your willingness to help set up and clean up after the conference.
- The ABAC Pegasus staff. You all worked tirelessly this year. I am so proud to be associated with you all.
- C.D. Mitchell. Thanks for your good will, your help, and your friendship.
- Dr. John Borom, Director of Facilities at Faulkner State Fairhope. Thanks so much for hosting GCACWT. I hope we see you next year!
- Gwynda Shields, Professor of English at Faulkner State. Thanks for helping us secure the facilities. Once again, I hope we see you next year.
- Susan Cerulean. What a fantastic keynote reading! Thanks so much for joining us this year.
I'll be back in Fairhope next year, and I look forward to catching up with you all. I hope you have a great year, and I hope that our paths cross soon. If you need to get in touch with me, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Gulf Coast Association of Creative Writing Teachers